Lake Canyon Yacht Club (LCYC)
Canyon Lake is one of the true gems in South-Central Texas – a beautiful, deep, fresh-water lake at the entrance to the Hill Country. A visit to Canyon Lake and the Lake Canyon Yacht Club is a great way to spend a spring weekend.
Here is some important information to help with your stay:
- The gate to the property will be open during the regatta. If you are arriving early (Thursday or Friday), please use the code 1 5 1 8.
- If you would like to make arrangements to arrive before Thursday, please send an email to Chris and Debbie Fogle, email@example.com to coordinate access.
The LCYC is a great place to camp. Keep these points in mind:
- We welcome both tent and RV camping, although we don’t have electrical or water hook-ups. Spots are on a “first-come” basis.
- The upper level of the grounds – immediately after you enter our gate – is where you’ll find areas to park your RV, campers, and pop-up trailers.
- There are spots for tents both on the upper level, and down the hill closer to the Clubhouse. The area immediately surrounding the Lighthouse will be roped-off and no tents may be pitched within it.
- We have our full showers and restrooms this year. Porta-potties will also be conveniently located on the grounds.
- TRAILER SAFETY CHAINS ARE REQUIRED TO BE IN USE WHENEVER A VEHICLE TOWING A TRAILER IS IN MOTION ANYWHERE ON LCYC PROPERTY.
- We can’t emphasize this important safety item enough. Our launch grade is very steep (19 degrees) and long. You will not be allowed to launch or retrieve unless you have trailer safety chains engaged.
- The weather can be cold in March in the Hill Country – we recommend you watch the forecasts and dress appropriately. Our water temperatures in March should be in the high 50s or low 60s.
- For the safety and consideration of other sailors, LCYC requests that all participants honor our No-Pets policy at the regatta.
- To relieve congestion, parking is not permitted on the shoulders of the road from trailer storage areas to Clubhouse. We will have designated rigging/parking areas clearly marked upon arrival.
- There will be no launching of Coach or Spectator boats while sailors are launching or retrieving boats. Please plan accordingly.
Cooking and Fires
- No campfires are permitted. We have a few raised barbeque grills near the Clubhouse, as well as three small covered picnic tables for your use.
- Meal tickets for non-competitors are available in advance – see the NOR for details and purchase your meal tickets using the online registration system.
Other Special News and Activities
- This year – and going forward – LCYC is promoting “Clean-Regatta” goals to incorporating sustainable practices in all phases of our regatta and activities. We encourage all sailors – at a minimum – to use refillable water bottles. By not using single-use water bottles, you’ll be helping us “Turn the Tide on Plastics.”
- We have secured permission to promote two very special causes related to sustainable practices –
- the UN Clean Seas global campaign, promoters of the Volvo Ocean Race team Turn the Tide on Plastics; and
- Sailors for the Sea.
We invite you to check out and support these important causes.
- Weather permitting, we invite you to join in some fun sailing on Friday at noon. No reservations are necessary – bring your boat, your PFD, and a smile!
- Don’t forget – this year the first day of the regatta is St. Patrick’s Day! Wear your favorite green sailing clothes help us make this Clean-Regatta also a Green-Regatta!