August 1, 2020
TCYC Round Up Regatta
Texas Corinthian Yacht Club
Posted 8/1/2020 at 1100:
Based on the current and forecast weather models, and the fact that the front has stalled over us, inclement weather looks likely for the remainder of the afternoon.
Safety FOR ALL is paramount. With all of this in mind, the OA and RC have decided to cancel the regatta. All entry fees will be refunded via Regatta Network.
The OA is working on rescheduling the event. In the next few weeks, please be on the look out for an announcement for a new date.
Check out the 2020 Youth Circuit Schedule
Do this ONCE for All 2020 events: TSA Participation Waiver and Emergency Contacts
Coronavirus and TSA Events
UPDATE POSTED: August 4, 2020
Due to the uncertainty existing throughout Texas and the nation with regards to COVID-19 and safety / health precautions, the Texas Sailing Association (TSA) Officers have determined that hosting a fair and equitable circuit is unattainable at this time. The TSA continues to promote all local sailing activities and encourages clubs and participants to continue with the scheduled regattas as conditions warrant and at their own discretion. However, we do not believe that any participant should feel pressured to attend a regatta in the quest for an over-all or circuit participation award. Therefore, the Texas Youth Racing Circuit Conditions are amended as noted below:
Amendment to the Texas Youth Racing Circuit Conditions and Regatta Guidelines posted 7/2/2020
- Section 10. Circuit Scoring is deleted
- Section 12. Scores is deleted
- Section 13. Season Standings is deleted
- In Section 14. Circuit Participation Awards Paragraph 14.1 is deleted
The following changes have been made to the TSA Circuit dates:
- Texas Youth Race Week at HYC and LYC is cancelled with no alternate dates at this time. Announcement HERE.
- Cannonball Run Regatta at PYC has been cancelled for 2020.
- Silly String Regatta at GSC is rescheduled for August 22-23. This is the weekend previously scheduled for Palacios.
- Spring Fling Regatta at LCYC is rescheduled for October 17-18.
- Chocopalooza Regatta at RCYC is rescheduled for November 14-15.
- Roadrunner Regatta at AYC is rescheduled for December 19-20 and will include a TSA Alumni Line!! This will now be the TSA End of Year Regatta.
Please refer to the TSA website periodically. We will continue to modify circuit regatta dates as the host clubs adjust their calendars to meet requirements of the current health emergency. Everyone’s concern continues to extend beyond the sailors to the membership of host venues, volunteers and RC, and the many people we come in contact with when we travel, eat out, stay in hotels, and then return home.
With more than 40 member clubs, Texas Sailing Association works to promote and coordinate sailboat racing in the southwest. As part of the US SAILING Association’s regional structure, TSA serves sailors in Louisiana and Texas. TSA combines with Central States Sailing Association and Sailing Association of Intermountain Lakes to form Area F, one of US SAILING’s geographic divisions. Club representatives compete each year in TSA events for the right to continue on to Area and National championships. TSA also provides local access to US Sailing services, such as racing judges and the protest appeal process. Explore our site to learn more about Texas sailing events and programs. We hope you can join us on the water soon!